- Air Embolism is air in the tissues that block circulation
- Subcutaneous Emphysema is air under the skin at the base of the neck.
- Mediastinal Emphysema is are in the center of the chest
- Pneumothorax is air in the chest cavity that collapses the lung.
|I totally got upsold on a Henderson dive skin because of the logic that it makes getting in and out of a wetsuit easier.|
Here's a good set of questions to ask a patient:
- Were you scuba diving today or breathing compressed air?
- Did you make a forced or rapid ascent?
- How deep did you go?
- What was your bottom time?
- Do you feel excessively tired?
- Where do you hurt?
- Do you feel dizzy?
- Does any part of you feel numb or tingle?
- Are you having trouble breathing?