- The opening scene has the best 0-G I've ever seen in a TV show. Honestly it's really hard to pull off. Chance and I think her hair was CG, which makes the most sense. The rest of the zero - G stuff doesn't look nearly as nice but that opening... oof.
- I'm envious of the armor the Mars navy wears. The shoulders are particularly nice.
- I'm envious of all the chairs in all the cockpits. They're super nice. We have to get our chairs to look that nice.
|I'm not a fan of glass cockpits but I do like that hanging Spock viewer thing the character 2nd from the left is looking through.|
- The costume design is overall very nice. Nice spacesuits. Are they refitted drysuits? I don't know.
- They have nice Pip Boys on their wrists.
|Ceilings and actual multi-levels on sets. I presume almost all the lighting is on-set. There's a couple beams from above but other than that the actors are kinda getting slapped with practicals.|
- Another thing which is nice is the wrist lights on spacesuits. Those are also nice.
- The helmets are very good. You have to have a lot of faceplate so the audience can see who they're looking at. They do that very well as well as make them look fairly robust.
- The chairs. I love all those dang chairs. Even the slightly dumb jump-seats.
|This is a good view of what the Pip Boys are like. I so want a Pip Boy. For me.|
- The CG ships are really quite nice on the whole. Even in multi-hundreds of million-dollar theatrical releases there are some effects which are just... missed. But they hold their own in this series. And it's not like they can reuse a lot of those effects either.
- The way the miniguns come out of the hulls of spaceships is a very nice touch.