Theatresource, one of the best off-off Broadway theaters in New York City is looking for a new Managing Director. It is a hard job to be the GM of a theater in New York, especially one with the limited budget we have. On the other hand, you are the GM of a well-known theater in New York.
The location is right in the middle of Greenwich Village. And you'll be producing a hundred shows a year (I'm not kidding).
Manhattan Theatre Source, a 501(c)3 theatre in its 12th year of operation, is seeking
a Full-Time, Paid, General Manager (see full description of duties below). Interested
candidates should submit a resume and cover e-mail to email@example.com
no later than Sunday, July 17th.
General Manager Duties
The Source General Manager is expected to create a warm and welcoming environment in the
space at all times and to embody the Source House Rules: Practice Generosity of Spirit, People
Before Personalities, Share Your Information, and Clean Up After Yourself.
1. Bookings - mainstage and playground (and rehearsal room)
○ Maintaining the theatre calendar (and rehearsal room calendar)
○ Marketing the space (basic listings, facebook, etc)
○ Proactively seeking bookings and responding to booking inquiries in a timely
○ Conducting contract negotiations with potential lessors and signing the contract
on behalf of Manhattan Theatre Source
○ Securing timely deposits and installment payments for rentals
○ Liaising with the lessors pre-rental period regarding all details related to the
○ Liaising with the lessors post-rental period regarding any balances due
2. Oversee day-to-day operations
Includes oversight or direct implementation of:
○ Ensuring the Source is staffed during operating hours (2pm-10pm/7 days per
week) as well as for early opening required by load-ins/rehearsals, etc.
○ Maintenance of the website
○ Creating ticketing in OvationTix
○ In-space marketing of the Source and Source productions
○ Ordering supplies
○ Day-to-day upkeep of space/general repairs
○ Ensure compliance with applicable NYC/State regulations (e.g., Fire, waste,
3. Management of volunteers (including shift managers)
○ Maintaining the volunteer schedule
○ Directing the activities of/assigning work to the volunteers
4. Logistical support for in-house productions and fundraisers
○ Compilation and printing of programs
○ Generation (excluding design) and posting of in-house signage
○ Generation, printing, collating, etc of appeal letters
○ Timely generation, printing, mailing etc of donor acknowledgement letters
○ On-site support of fundraising events
5. Organizational communications
○ Generation of email blasts to and other communications with Source Shift