I'm the stereotype of a middle-aged white boy. I've been watching and thinking a lot about the Firefly series lately.
Yes. I admit it.
That's the first step on the road to recovery.
What have I learned?
1. White space copters do not composite very well. Even if they're photo-real they just don't look good.
2. I need to keep the camera moving -- even in simple over-the-shoulder shots. And I have to stay wide.
3. We don't need to worry about jump-cuts in Robowar. That might be the best way to edit the picture.
4. Hey, don't we need watches in this movie? And shouldn't they all be red?
5. Speaking of red, that seems to be the color we're using on everybody. Why? Because it looks cool, that's why.