- Or: "Why was that lady yelling at me all through the town hall meeting on Saturday night?"
- Will someone make the bad lady stop yelling at me?
- So wait, you're holding on me? There's a plan of some kind?
- Will you tell us when you've found out anything?
- I'd rather have the lady yell at me.
- Dear Heavens no. I'd rather listen to you go on and on about square footage and... and oh no...
- No, the question on today's menu is why was that lady so aggressive and yelling at everyone at the town hall meeting?
- In fact YOU didn't say anything at all at the town hall meeting.
Stipulation: we need rehearsal space in and of itself. We make plays. Plays need to be rehearsed.
- Why didn't you say anything at the town hall? Why let them go on and on with their BS unchallenged?
- Yeah, but not you.
- Do you think that supporting them was better by being quiet and supportive or telling the yelly lady to shut up?
So I'm going to say we can charge $15/hour for the DigitalSource space. (Note that we absolutely must find a way to air-condition that space once April rolls around so some capital expenditure will be involved in making that a usable space. It was 83 degrees in there last night. And it's the middle of November.)
If we open at 2pm and can run the rehearsal room until 8pm and can seriously keep it booked six hours a day for five days a week (booking that rehearsal room during a show will be very annoying to those in the show at 8pm because they'll hear the rehearsal in their own dressing room), that's 30 hours at $15/hour or $450/week. Can we really book that room 30 hours a week? Heck, we haven't been able to book the theater for rehearsals for 30 hours a week. But 30 hours a week is a reasonable goal.
At 50 weeks a year, that's $22,500 a year in rehearsal room bookings. Remember that right now we only make about $1500 a year in audition room bookings.
- Any why wasn't anyone given an agenda for the town hall meeting before the town hall? Was that just a way to help them sandbag everyone else at the meeting so they couldn't come prepared with real questions and solutions?
|Only baby owls will be allowed to run meetings from now on.|
Four cubicles times $300 each is $1200 a month. That's $12,000 a year.
So offices are worth about half of what a rehearsal room is worth. Maybe a bit more. Advantage office: no need to have a babysitter on staff. Disadvantage office: you sure as heck better trust your office-mates as they'll have keys to come and go as they please. Advantage office: booking is a lot easier. You just need to do it once every so many months (or in some cases, so many years.)
- Will any of this keep the bad lady from yelling at me?
- So this means I don't have to go to any more town hall meetings where some lady yells at everybody that everything is going great and everybody's doing a great job?
- Put some pants on, will ya?
- All this time you were channeling a baby owl?